Experienced Greenville Attorney Defending Upstate Clients Accused of Weapons Crimes
There are many legal ways to purchase, own, and use weapons, and these laws must be followed at all times or else you may confront serious charges. This is especially true of guns and other automatic weapons. Weapons crimes often happen in conjunction with other crimes, such as assault, robbery, or receiving stolen goods. Attorney Richard Warder staunchly fights for the right to bear arms and will help you to the best of his ability.
Unlawful Weapon Possession
It is illegal to possess and brandish many weapons outside of very controlled environments. Possession of deadly weapons, such as guns, knives, or swords, could get you in serious trouble with law enforcement. Specifically, it is illegal to conceal dangerous weapons without the appropriate concealed-carry permit. If caught concealing a weapon without a permit, you could face over $500 in fines and up to 90 days in jail.
Common Weapons Offenses
Without going into too much depth about all the possible charges, some of the common charges we help clients with involve:
- Pointing a gun at another person, even if you don’t shoot
- Taking a gun or other weapon from a law enforcement member
- Possession of a firearm on school property or inside an establishment that serves alcohol
- Possession of a weapon during the commission of, or attempt of committing, another crime
- Concealing a weapon without a valid concealed-carry permit
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon or illegal alien
If you have been charged with any of the above crimes or other weapons-related crimes, you need the help of an experienced and accomplished criminal defense attorney. We will defend your protected rights and ensure you receive a fair trial.